Monday, December 16, 2013

Over The Hills And Through (I mean over) The Woods To Grandmothers House We Go...

Thank you to all of the hard working men & women who will be away from their families to make sure we can be with ours.

This past week I had to travel through four different airports were There were lots of families going places for the holidays. What I noticed was how many hard working men and women are working tirelessly in all kinds of weather to make this happen. There were men in bucket trucks holding heavy hoses to deice the planes, people plowing the runways etc.

When I arrived in Chicago my connecting flight was canceled. A very courageous bus driver drove the 90 miles to Milwaukee in almost white out conditions past numerous accidents in that 90 mile stretch, just so people could get home for the holidays. I just want to say thank you to all the folks that work in all kinds of conditions while we are waiting on then in a nice climate controlled airplane. They are very much so under appreciated and the first one to get blamed when our travel plans are disrupted.    

Shared with Northwest Bloggers CO-OP Pacific NW Bloggers Co-op – Palouse Rainbow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...