Sunday, November 3, 2013

"Isn't there anyone who knows what Christmas is all about?" (Charlie Brown)

I think Charlie Brown got it right, the true meaning of Christmas has been lost, replaced by corporate greed. I went to the Boise Towne Square Mall Friday morning before the mall was open. They had man lifts all over the place hanging Christmas lights. Many businesses still had the come in to our store for trick or treat candy signs on the windows. There was a sign that Santa is coming next weekend. Can we at least wait until after Thanksgiving to start all of this. Thanksgiving and Veterans Day are lost holidays because there is not any money in it. Maybe I am just getting old, but my perfect Christmas is just getting together with family and friends for good food and cheer. Gifts are an unnecessary stress once the kids are grown.

3 comments:

  1. we noticed village xmas decorations hung here as well, and I saw wrapping paper, and the toy aisle in a larger mall store getting ready, it is pushing the commercial line a bit and vulgar. What an impressive header shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it was much nicer when they would wait until after Thankgiving. We need to start a "Take Back Thanksgiving" movement in this country...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...