Saturday, August 31, 2013

Up Up And Away In My Beautiful Balloon

It is time once again for the annual Spirit Of  Boise Balloon festival We have balloons from several western states at this event.   
 The birds had to do a pre-festival fly by.

And the first balloon is up in the air ...
 What Boise event would be complete without Boise State football making an appearance?
 This is the fourth Balloon launch I have been to, I do not understand why the festivals name sake balloon goes up somewhere in the middle. Although he did not want to show his face this year, Mickey Mouse was here once again.  
 They get into some great formations
This is the first time in three years that we had blue sky for the festival. The last two years the smoke from Forrest fires was pretty thick. The wind was not cooperating this year, they were all coming back down withing either in the same part that they launched from or withing a few blocks. Last year they were landing 20 - 30 miles to the west, almost on the Oregon Border.

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful! My family and I used to live in the Dallas/Ft. Worth, Texas area, where they had hot air balloon shows every year. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyable to watch, not sure I could handle the heights♫ My OYGIF: http://lauriekazmierczak.com/wired/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never been up in one, I would imagine it would be a gentle (but noisy) ride. I am not sure how I would feel about being up in the air with the open flame.

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my wishes is to ride one. They are so colorful; it must have been fun to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your comment. I have never been up on one, but it does seem like it would be fun. If I had the opportunity I would want to be on one of the ones that travels for miles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...