Sunday, August 18, 2013

Something To Squawk About

What summer would be complete without a Fair

 At the fair you will see all kinds of strange chickens,

Photo shared with Skywatch Fiday

 And rides as well as fair food.
 But most of all you never know when you may win a second place ribbon!!!


This year I decided to enter three photos into the photography competition, one of them won second place!!! I personally think this one is better then the first place winner.        
  

Getting a ribbon in the Idaho State Fair is something I share in common with my wife Nancy's beloved Grandfather. The prize money is about the same as it was in 1916 (adjusted for inflation). Nancy's Grandfather "Pete" has three awards, I guess this means I need to enter more next year to see I can add to my collection. Maybe 95 years from now my grandchildren will be talking about my awards.      


4 comments:

  1. congrats on a fair ribbon! awesome! love the chickens and roosters. i'll stay clear of the midway, though. :)


    thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comments. The rides that were amazing 30 years ago are not nearly as attractive now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo-hoo! Way to go and I love your picture, I can see why you got the ribbon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...