Sunday, August 18, 2013

really! Are You Serious?

We are becoming WAY to reliant on technology!!! In just one generation we have gone from many homes without home phones to people can not go anywhere without a phone. My youngest uncle was born in 1935, his parents had to call the business across the street from their home to get the message about the baby. Now in the event that your phone that is always with you starts to go dead you can charge it at the fair.
Manners and being considerate of others is gone, as well as socializing. While  I was at the car wash today, both bays had cars in them. one bay they were just starting to wash the car, the other bay was occupied when we arrived. the first person finished washing their car, while the person it the other bay had not even started because they were on their cell phone. They were still on the phone when we finished. They occupied a car wash bay for over 20 minutes while people were waiting because they were on the phone.
Yesterday at the fair, there were large groups of friends all together, but not spending time with each other. They were all on their phones. It is pretty bad when the carnies have to tell people they cannot go on the ride unless they hang up the phone.
Maybe I am just old, but I enjoy spending time WITHOUT my phone, what ever it is it can wait until I get home.  
shared with Weekly Top Shot Weekly Top Shot

6 comments:

  1. Well, i totally agree with you and i only just turned 50.. not particularly old. :). I haven't seen anyone without a cell ohone for ages and ages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember how much my dad enjoyed going on out of town sales calls because it was time away from all distractions. You and I are about the same age, and no 50 is not old by any stretch.

      Delete
  2. I wouldn't want to be without my cell phone in case of an emergency but they have gotten to be somewhat of a blight on our society!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I can understand the in case of emergency, but I gues I feel that it is not that much of an ungency in the city. I know that I tend to live in a bubble.

      Delete
  3. I was with my kids the other day and watched them sitting together both tapping away on their phones. They were making comments on each other's Facebook! I have now banned them from taking them on family trips out. This is family time and not social media time. I'm not popular I have to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GOOD FOR YOU! I consider myself fortunate that my children are just old enough to have missed the everyone having a cell phone stage, they actually had to call from a phone both to be picked up. I feel to many young people are missing out on really fun social that were enjoyed just one generation ago.

      For the last 15 years two of my daughter and I have coffee at Starbucks every Sunday. Neither one of them have their phones out, it is just a great father daughter time.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...