Sunday, July 7, 2013

Recovering from Nancy's foot surgery

My wife Nancy had foot surgery about 4 weeks ago. She is still not allowed to put any weight on it so she is on a cart. Seeing as how they have not invented an all terrain one yet, she has not been able to look at the garden. I randomly go out and take photos of the garden so she can see the progress of all of her pre-surgery plantings.      




I came up with the brilliant idea that since all of the baby birds had left the nest, I would clean and sanitize the bird houses. Much to my surprise two of the bird houses had eggs in them, and one had an active bee hive.

Note to self, wait for the first freeze before cleaning the bird houses...

The good news is that as soon as I out them back up, the birds returned hauling nesting materiel and the bees returned, I am assuming rebuilding their hive.        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...