Sunday, July 14, 2013

My first ever photo contest!

Our local newspaper along with Idaho camera has an annual "outdoor Idaho" photo contest. The rules are very simple. The entities have to be black and white or color, but not photo shopped, and up to 5 entries per person. I submitted these 5 as 11X14 prints. It does not say anywhere on the website about when the winners will be announced other than they have to be turned in by July 19th & you can pick them up on August 7th.         
 This was taken last summer on a camping trip with my oldest daughter and her fiance' She has never been able to sit without picking up a book. No exception here, she went for a swim, then sat on the dock to warm up.
 This one has been on my blog before, but it is a personal favorite.


This last one may be disqualified due to the Sepia. Last year we went to Silver City Idaho, a true ghost town.Other than the cars that were scattered around town and the sign about emergency services on the wall, the town looks just like it did back in the 1800's There were two men sitting on the porch just relaxing with their dog. They gave me permission to take this great photo.

Wish me luck!      

4 comments:

  1. These are all great and I too like the one with the steps! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the 2nd, 3rd and last...I love the photo at the top of your blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, none of them were selected however. I am going to enter some into the state fair at the end of the month. I do not have any great hope of winning, but it is fun to try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...