Saturday, April 13, 2013

It's a PHOTURA!

Yesterday a co-worker of mine said he had a gift for me. He knows I am into photography, so he gave me an old 35MM camera that belonged to his father.  
 Plus side - you can take a photo with one hand, and it has a dual view finder. One on the back & one on the top. They made a macro add-on lens, but the only tripod was this mini-one. It was in the accessory box.   
Down side- according to the internet it is a battery hog, and the motors are noisy relative for an expensive camera.
 Nice, big LCD screen with auto zoom.  

 Miniature tripod for self portraits 

  This is the built-in flash on the left. 

 The label below lists the features that were ahead of their time. 

It is an odd looking thing, from what I can find on the internet. It could have been a great camera at the right time, but was basically a failure.  He included the original box and a accessory kit in the box. The original receipt was included. The camera was purchased in Medford, Oregon September 18th, 1990 for $373.89. I was able to find a battery for it and I plan to buy a roll of film and try it out.   

6 comments:

  1. How fun! Can't wait to see how it works for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I will go to Idaho camera next weekend.

      Delete
  2. oh how neat, especially to have the packaging still and the receipt! can't wait to see the pics you get from it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think it will be fun to try it out.

      Delete
  3. How cool! I'd be interested to see the photos you get from it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to buy film on the weekend. I think Idaho Camera may be the last place in town still selling film.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...