Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Perrine Bridge

People jump off of this bridge for fun?  

            



  
The Perrine Bridge bridge is at the north end of twin Falls Idaho. This is the exact location where Evil Kenival had his failed attempt to jump the Snake River Canyon in 1974. People come from all over the country to    BASE JUMP from this bridge. 
I was at a class in Twin falls one time, the instructor was staying at the hotel in the area. She had a story to tell when she started the class. She had gone for a run on the trail below the bridge, she looked up and saw four people standing on the railing. She was sure she was observing a mass suicide. Just about the time she was going to call the police their parachutes opened.          
 
The view from the trail of the Snake River Canyon for under the bridge 


Shoshone Falls is just down river from the bridge & just east of Twin Falls. There is not much water running this time of year, but in another month the entire wall will be covered with water. They say it looks like Niagara Falls. I was there only one time in the spring it was very spectacular.    

12 comments:

  1. wow these are stunning black and whites..exceptional country and I wouldn't jump off that for all the gold in the world even though it is truly a thing of beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment. I wouls not jump off of that ever, but I think it would be fun to see sometime.

      Delete
  2. Such beautiful shots. The detail of the rock formations and the contrast of the bridge with it's natural surroundings have been captured so well. Chel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment. I always enjoy feedback, and positive feed back is even better.

      Delete
  3. Yikes, people jump off that bridge? The images are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard many people say they have seen the jumpers.If I knew when I might see someone jumping it would be worth making the trip.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful photo's! That bridge gives me chills! I would think I was witnessing mass suicide too. I can't believe people dare jump off.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, I could never jump off that bridge! Yikes. I am not a daredevil at all. Lovely images you've captured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting. I was more of a daredevil in my 20's before I had children, now that they are all grown, I guess I must have grown up also. I would not do it now.

      Delete
  6. I would bungee jump. But never free falling - scary.
    Beautiful shots
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just the opposite. The sudden stop at the end of the bungee is not something I would like. I figure with my luck, my foot would stay attached to the bungee and the rest of my body would keep going.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...