Sunday, December 9, 2012

First Snow In Boise





My house in lights

I have found the secret to getting the first snow of the year- every year, the night after I hang the Christmas lights, we get some snow (even if  only a dusting). This year was no exception!

 

Snow all around us but none at our house.

When I looked outside yesterday morning we had wet lawn from the rain. When I went out about a mile from our house, there was snow-  

We got our snow this morning!
   




The end of the garden

The winter has been so mild we still have Collard greens growing in the garden cold frame-

I know there is food under this stuff.

My wife Nancy keeps 4 urban chickens. This is the first time the two large New Hampshire Red's in the foreground have seen snow. They weren't quite sure what to make of it!




2 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting some moisture, I sure wish it would come on down here! It's always fun watching the chickens experience their first snow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snow only lasted a few hours but it was fun to watch. The oldest chicken did not want to come out at all but the 2 news ones came out full speed ahead.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...