Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Birds of Prey

This is my very first blog post ever!!! My name is Dave and I live in Boise, Idaho I wanted to do something that I think most people would like for my first post. I volunteer at The Peregrine Fund. They are a conservation group dedicated to birds of prey, headquartered in Boise. As a way of fundraising they have an interpretative center open to the public. 

Every weekend in October they fly some of the birds outside. This is the only time of the year that they publicly fly them; these are some of the pictures from 2011. 









The Aplomado Falcon is native to the Southwest United States









The Harpy Eagle is seen in South America and Mexico








The Peregrine Falcon can be seen on all continents except Antarctica. This bird is how the Peregrine Fund got its start and was successful at getting the bird off of the endangered list.   

2 comments:

  1. Love the bird of prey photos, especially the Aplomado Falcon! I've never heard of these before! I really like the B&W train photos too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Seeing the birds up close if always a great joy. If I ever wanted to be a tour guide, they would train me on handling the birds, but the thought of working with large groups of people is not my thing.

      Delete

Thanks for dropping by, I'd love to hear from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...